We offer a variety of ways for women to be encouraged and strengthened in their faith, as well as to use their talents and gifts to serve God and his people.
Our three Women’s Ministry branches are:
Women to Women, Bible Studies, and Specialty Groups
Women to Women
This group of women plans several events throughout the year providing opportunities for women’s fellowship. They organize events and activities that build relationships, encourage women and provide spiritual and social support to the women of FPC and to women of the North Shore.
Summer 2019 Events and Devotional Options:
We know that summer is in some ways more relaxing for those of you tied to the school schedule, but in other ways summers can leave us feeling isolated or disconnected without the regular weekly programs and schedules at church as many of our programs go on break. To help you stay connected with each other, and more importantly to God and to His word, we are providing a few ideas for your summer Bible reading, as well as some social events throughout the summer!
Summer Reading Bible plans:
- Read through the New Testament this summer:
- Read and get an overview of the full Bible this summer:
- Read through the Bible, 25 days each month, starting any time:
In addition many women find ‘Journibles’ to be a wonderful resource for reading and retaining Scripture. Here are two places you can find and purchase them:
Summer Meet Up Events:
- Tuesday, June 11, “Halibut Point Walk“, Meet in the Halibut parking lot at 6:30 for a lovely and scenic walk along our shoreline! (Click the link for directions!) Please note: $5 for MA and $10 for out of state license plates, consider carpooling!
- Wednesday, June 12, “Scattered Prayer” join other local churches in your town to pray for Gospel Saturation in our community. 7-9pm in many town libraries. Check FPC News for your specific location.
- Thursday, July 18, “Cool Down at Tera’s!” Come join us for a casual evening to just hang out at Tera Hagen’s house (she lives in Beverly very near Gordon College)! She’ll have snacks, games and the air conditioning blowing!! 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Mid August, “Game Night at the Castle” Back by popular demand, a game night at Beverly’s ‘The Castle‘! Come play every single game ever created and grab yourself a bite to eat or a drink! Wednesday, August 21st, 6:30 – 8:30. Your game entrance fee will be covered by FPC, you only need to pay for any food or drink you get!!
Moms With Young Kids!!
- Have you Joined our Tuesday Morning Playground Group? Join on FB today and meet up with other moms through the month of June, at our various local playgrounds.
Women-to-Women team members: Esther Baird, Kendra Burke, Karen Colaneri, Christine Gordon, Tera Hagen, Jenna Higgins, Wendy Pike, Judi Sabella. Contact Esther with any questions.
Our women’s ministry offers three weekly Bible study on Tuesday mornings, Tuesday evenings and Wednesday evenings. Our goal is to foster intentional fellowship and spiritual growth as women gather together to discuss how God’s word and our lives intersect. For more information about those, click here.
While our Bible studies are on Summer Break please check out our various Bible reading plans, and our summer meet up options!
Moving On After Moving In.
Are you a woman new to the area/new to FPC?
“Moving On After Moving In” Women’s Small Group Study. A Christ-centered 8-session study helping women cope with the challenges, emotions, and losses of a move and equipping them to put down roots in a new place. Based on the book, After the Boxes are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In, by Susan Miller, president of the “Just Moved Ministry” (www.just-moved.org). The study will address emotional struggles and opportunities for spiritual growth as women start afresh in their new communities. Next study will be held in the winter of 2020, but stay tuned for Moving on meet ups. Please register with Debbie Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kendra Burke (email@example.com).
Please contact Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about any of these groups.