We offer a variety of ways for women to be encouraged and strengthened in their faith, as well as to use their talents and gifts to serve God and his people.
New FB Page for Women’s Ministries During the time of Social Distancing:
- Ladies, please join our new FB page “FPC Northshore Ipswich Women Connect” where you will find the latest links, options and general encouragement (and sometimes laughter!) for women in our church and community. Feel free to invite a neighbor, roommate, sister, daughter or friend (as long as she’s a woman!) to the page.
Summer Study Plan:
For June – August we are encouraging women to take part in our denomination’s (PCA) Women’s summer study on Ephesians. This is a great study we can all do together and with our sisters around the country! This study falls under the PCA Women’s Leadership platform – they originally meant to roll out a series of conferences called ‘Hinged’ to teach this material, but given the pandemic, they’re moving and modifying it, to be an online option.
If you sign up there will be lessons and online resources to use. While this will not be taught by our women leads at FPC, many of them will be doing it and will plan to schedule a monthly ‘check in’ with those of you going through just to discuss and share what we are learning and to stay connected!
- We’re planning on bulk ordering the study books to get the cost down, but we need to do that relatively soon in order to get them delivered in time to the church and then have a late-May “Pick up day” where you can drive by and we’ll toss it in the window or something socially distant and safe 🙂 OR if you live out of town, you can order the book on your own.
- Can you please look at this link to see if you have interest and then let Esther know if you’d like a book? We’d like to get the price down to $14. (As always if cost is an issue please just contact Esther and we’ll work something out!).
- Here is the link that explains the study.
- If you do have interest you should also sign up using the link above to get their lessons emailed to you and access to the videos.
Our three Women’s Ministry branches are:
Women to Women, Bible Studies, and Specialty Groups
Women to Women
This group of women plans several events throughout the year providing opportunities for women’s fellowship. They organize events and activities that build relationships, encourage women and provide spiritual and social support to the women of FPC and to women of the North Shore.
Women-to-Women team members: Esther Baird, Kendra Burke, Karen Colaneri, Christine Gordon, Tera Hagen, Tara Knowlton, Wendy Pike, Judi Sabella.
Contact Esther with any questions.
Our women’s ministry offers three weekly Bible study on Tuesday mornings, Tuesday evenings and Wednesday evenings. Our goal is to foster intentional fellowship and spiritual growth as women gather together to discuss how God’s word and our lives intersect. We are currently offering three studies:
Tuesday morning 9:15 am – 11:00 am < – -Now sent by weekly email!
Women of all ages and walks of life who are looking for a time to study God’s word, fellowship and pray together we are excited to offer this new daytime study! Team taught by Esther Baird, Vicki Thomas and Karin Wilks, with prayer times facilitated by Nancy Smith and Sue Mulley, we’re studying the life of Ruth and Esther. Register today, (only so we can plan for space and food). Or contact our organizing team member: Corinne Carpenter
Childcare: provided, please register your children through Children’s Ministries!
Tuesday evening 7:00 – 8:30 pm < — Now done by email and Zoom
A traditional Bible study often using a book as a guide, this Fall looking at 1 John, led by Jacki Smith.
No childcare provided
Wednesday evening during Family Night, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm <– Now done by Zoom on Thursday nights
This Bible study will be looking at the book of Esther (and women of the Bible) and talking about the real life themes of grace and freedom in our every day lives with a time for prayer and sharing our concerns! We love our regular attenders but welcome drop-in attendees as well! Taught by Tera Hagen
Childcare: Provided for all ages via nursery and the Family Night kids / youth programs.
Moving On After Moving In.
Are you a woman new to the area/new to FPC?
“Moving On After Moving In” Women’s Small Group Study. A Christ-centered 8-session study helping women cope with the challenges, emotions, and losses of a move and equipping them to put down roots in a new place. Based on the book, After the Boxes are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In, by Susan Miller, president of the “Just Moved Ministry” (www.just-moved.org). The study will address emotional struggles and opportunities for spiritual growth as women start afresh in their new communities. Next study will be held in the winter of 2020, but stay tuned for Moving on meet ups. Please register with Debbie Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kendra Burke (email@example.com).
Please contact Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about any of these groups.