Missions is calling the world to worship the One True God and at FPC, we support the work of missions in a number of ways. Fueled by a passion for God’s glory, empowered by the Holy Spirit, FPC commits to sharing the Gospel and making disciples cross-culturally so that Christ-honoring church grow among the nations. We desire to raise up and send out long-term and short-term missionaries from our own congregation to plant indigenous gospel-centered, self-sustaining churches. We also financially support missionaries whose works align with our goals and priorities.
What Are Our Values?
We want to be faithful to the spreading of the gospel message so that more people would come to know the salvation of Jesus Christ. We believe that the gospel is what changes everything and we want it to be the heart of all of our cross-cultural endeavors. While we believe that social justice and relief work is crucial to global missions work, our primary goal is to plant gospel-centered indigenous churches that plant more gospel-centered churches.
We believe that God calls us away from the status quo and to take risks by faith in His strength for the sake of God’s eternal Kingdom. The Lord calls His people to step out in faith that seems reckless. Yet that reckless abandonment to the will of the Lord brings glory and honor to Him. Our focus is to bring the gospel to the most unreached areas of the world, and we believe that is only through the empowerment and equipping of the Holy Spirit that we will be able to endure all things for the sake of God’s elect among the nations.
We believe that global missions involves the whole of congregational life in the work of the Great Commission as an equipping and sending church. Global missions is not simply a compartmentalized ministry exclusively for specialists; rather, global missions should involve a comprehensive involvement from all of the members of our congregation.
By refining our direction through prayer, a Biblical assessment of global needs, and our church’s unique calling, our church seeks to focus our global missions sending, praying and giving in three strategic areas (“Epicenters”): Arab World, Bangladesh, and China. Moreover, we want to have meaningful relationships and intentionally support and communicate with each of our missionaries. Each of our missionaries has come through and been sent out by our church.
Passion for God’s Glory
Ultimately, we are fueled by a desire to extend the worship of God among the nations. The glory of God is the chief end of all our endeavors and the source of all of our joy.
Where Are Our ‘Epicenters’?
How Can You Get Involved?
1. Connect at FPC
- Attending the annual Global Missions Conference (November 9-11, 2018)
- Participating in Monthly Missions Prayer (second Sunday of the month @ 8AM in the Ipswich CLC Library)
- Receiving missionary newsletters
- Serving on the Global Missions Team
- Giving toward Faith Promise (You must indicate that you are designating your gift toward ‘Global Missions, Faith Promise’). All of our financial support for our work is mainly raised through our annual Faith Promise giving. Once a year, during our Missions Conference week, we ask our congregation to pledge financial commitments beyond what they give to our regular annual budget. These pledges collectively become our Faith Promise, or missions budget, for the year.
For the safety of many of our international missionaries serving in areas that are hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ, we do not list their names or organizations on our website.
2. Serve Locally
- Teaching ESL to Immigrants/Refugees
- Helping with the Ipswich Refugee Program
- Serving at the new Bangladesh church plant in Lynn, MA
- Working with local college ministries
3. Go Globally
- Going on short-term mission trips to our Epicenters
- Teaching English in China alongside our global partners for a month, a year, or a year in a half
- Going to serve long-term in one of our Epicenters
Contact Nathaniel Lee if you would like to learn more about global missions at FPC or how you can get involved.