The Session of First Presbyterian Church North Shore Ipswich Campus is looking to hire a Director of Children’s Ministries. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, cover letter, and a brief Christian faith statement to the church office manager, Jen Whiteacre. firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children’s Ministries
First Presbyterian Church North Shore
Oversee and direct all children’s ministries for children 2 years old to 5th grade.
The Director of Children’s Ministries is appointed by the Session and congregation to implement the Christian Education program and ministry of the church. The Director works closely with the Christian Education committee to set policy, evaluate and implement curricula, oversee programs, and establish objectives for the children’s ministry of the church. The Christian Education committee will also serve in an advisory capacity on other matters. The Director of Children’s Ministries is expected to stimulate, motivate, lead and direct the gifts within the church body in such a way that children and their families grow in their understanding of God’s redeeming love through Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19: 14 and follow the church’s vision of More “Kids,” More Like Christ.
Children’s Ministries Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise Sunday School for 2 year old – 5th Grade classes, including facilitation and implementation of curricula;
- Recruit and support Children’s Ministry leaders, teachers and helpers;
- Plan & meet with Sunday School teachers & Club Leaders;
- Train Children’s Ministry leaders, teachers and helpers; especially as it pertains to safety and security.
- Communicate with teachers, volunteers and others on a regular basis;
- Recruit volunteers for Children’s Sermon during 9:00 & 11:15 worship service;
- Oversee and direct welcoming new children and families to the church (Sunday School);
- Volunteer and Help organize Vacation Bible School.
- In partnership with the church staff, Christian Education Committee and volunteers, coordinate planning of special events (ex. Missions Conference, and Palm Sunday & Easter service);
- In partnership with the church staff, Christian Education Committee and volunteers, coordinate planning of weekly programs (Kingdom Kids, Fellowship night);
- Maintain budget for CE and stay within budget restraints;
- Oversee Sunday School attendance and children’s offering;
- Maintain FPC Connects as it pertains to Children’s Ministries;
- Purchase and maintain adequate levels of Sunday School supplies and equipment;
- Maintain an adequate staffing and substitution database of Sunday School teachers & helpers;
- Provide job descriptions for volunteer positions;
- Maintain and update policies for Children’s Ministries and create brochures;
- Provide Children’s Ministry calendar and update FPC Connects and Website;
- Support church website as it pertains to Children’s Ministries;
- Communicate through weekly bulletin, FPC news as it pertains to Children’s Ministries;
- Attend Christian Education Committee meetings to collaborate with the team to develop and implement an effective ministry;
- Attend weekly staff meetings to collaborate with the pastoral team to effectively carry out the vision of the church in Children’s Ministries;
- Attend quarterly FPC Leadership meetings
This job description is based 15 hours per week however there is currently no summer Sunday school at FPCNS
First Presbyterian Church will consider qualified applicants of any sex, race, national and ethnic origin, age, disability, handicaps or veteran status to the church and to the rights, privileges, programs and actives generally accorded or made available at the church.