We want to stay connected with you during this time of quarantine. We are all in this together and constantly in need of God’s grace and mercy. Here are some of the ways we hope to be involved in your lives and support you as we walk through this difficult time together. We will update this regularly, but please feel free to contact any of our Pastors or staff if you have questions or if there is anything we can do for you to come alongside of you and to walk with you in this time.
- Our FPC Ipswich YouTube channel broadcasts our Sunday morning services at 9 am ET (or whenever you are able to view later), as well as bi-weekly devotions offered by our Pastors. You can find all that here.
- Kids: We have pages for you to fill out during our Sunday morning services. Sunday March 29th Sermon Notes Download, Sermon Coloring Page Download Here
- Everyone: After the sermon we’d like to offer you the opportunity to discuss a few questions throughout the week with your family, friends, roommates, neighbors or whoever you are in contact with (Remember Pastor Greg’s challenge to call three people each week to stay connected!).
- For the week of March, 29th the sermon is titled, “In the Cave and Not Okay” using the Biblical text of Psalms 42 and 43. After hearing the sermon here are three questions to consider:
- What kind of emotions have you been going through since this Corona virus started?
- What have you learned about yourself as a result of this crisis? About your relationship with God? About your relationships with others?
- What Scripture passages help direct you to put your hope in God in the middle of hard times? What new ones can you add to that list? Can you commit some of these to memory so they “instruct your heart”?
Many of our regular Bible studies and groups are connecting in new and creative ways. Please see below to see how you can stay involved:
- Things are still happening with Middle School Youth Group! The current plan is to post a Middle School Youth Group video every Wednesday on our Middle School YouTube channel. Sunday night boys and girls Bible studies will be held “live” on Zoom. There will also be regular encouraging and throwback videos shared to our Facebook and instagram: @fpcmsyg. We want to stay in touch! Contact Jon Evans anytime or 978-807-8932 or to get contact info for any of the other leaders too.
- All of us High School Youth Group leaders want to keep in touch! We’re posting new videos to our High School High School YouTube channel every Sunday and Wednesday to share things in the Bible that are encouraging us. We hope you’ll tune in! You can follow us on instagram: @fpchsyg, too. We miss you and would love to chat – you can get any of the leaders contact info from Anna, email, text/call 978-602-0468, we can even be penpals – don’t hesitate to reach out!
Early Childhood and Children’s Ministries:
- While our programs are not able to meet in person we would like to facilitate connections between kids and between parents. We have set up a Facebook group for you to post videos, ask questions, and share resources. Click Here to request to join the group. We are also working with Sunday School teachers to make materials available for kids and hope to set up some kids Zoom calls between our various groups. We will contact these group through an email to parents. Contact Lynnette for kids ages 0 – Kindergarten, or Heather for kids 1st – 5th grade with any questions or concerns.
- Our women’s Bible studies are staying connected via email and zoom. If you are part of one of them than your leader has been in touch with you, if you are not in a regular study, but would like to be added to the study on the Book of Esther you can contact Esther (the staff member not the queen) and you’ll get an email with the study early each week.
- Dave Burbridge is pulling together resources for the men and ways to connect, so guys, feel free to email him and let him know you’re interested in what he puts in place. For men in Discipleship Groups, the plan is to continue meeting via Zoom. Please contact Greg Hills, Jon Conant or Dave Burbridge with any questions.
- 20thirty is entering its second week of Zoom small groups, one on Monday hosted by Carissa Berry and one on Tuesday hosted by Jon Conant, each starting at 7 pm and roughly lasting an hour. And on Sundays, they are hosting a digital coffee hour directly after church. An easy and fast way to connect to 20/30 is to add yourself to the Facebook group: 20thirty Young Adult Ministry Announcements. Contact Schuyler Rees via email or phone (207) 475-2334 and he’ll find the best way for you to plug in.
- In general if you are not getting FPC News each week contact our office manager to make sure you are on the distribution list. Or, if you have a need for help or support during this time please, OR, you can provide help or support, please follow these links.
Other resources we suggest year round:
Sally Lloyd Jones Newsletter
Beloved author or the Jesus Story Book Bible, Check if out here.
Kids Inductive Bible Study
Kay Arthur, Discover 4 Yourself, Kids Bible Study Series Check it out here.
Awe – Paul David Tripp
Crazy Love – Francis Chan
Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
Just Do Something – Kevin DeYoung
The Hole in Our Holiness – Kevin DeYoung
Adulting 101 – Josh Burnette & Pete Hardesty
Theirs is the Kingdom – Robert D. Lupton
Holy Conversation: Talking About God in Everyday Life
Generous Justice: How God’s Grace Makes Us Just
Befriend: Create Belonging in an Age of Judgment, Isolation, and Fear
Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ
Delighting in the Trinity: An Introduction to the Christian Faith
God in My Everything: How an Ancient Rhythm Helps Busy People Enjoy God
by Kara Powell and Steven Argue is an excellent book helping us as parents to realize our chaining and developing roles as our kids age and mature.
How Long, O Lord?: Reflections on Suffering and Evil
The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way
Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God
How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth
Gordon D. Fee
How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
Gordon D. Fee
CASKET EMPTY: Old Testament Study Guide: God’s Plan of Redemption through History
Carol M. Kaminski
Discipleship Essentials: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ
Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples