Last Updated 5/22/2020
These are unprecedented times, and we want to stay connected with you during this season of social distancing. We are all in this together and constantly in need of God’s grace and mercy. Here are some of the ways we hope to be involved in your lives and support you as we walk through this difficult time together. We will update this regularly, but please feel free to contact any of our Pastors or staff if you have questions or if there is anything we can do for you to come alongside of you and to walk with you in this time.
A Word about Re-Opening
Please take a moment to look over the letter from the Session about Re-opening our church at this time.
- Our FPC Ipswich YouTube channel broadcasts our Sunday morning services live at 9 am ET (or whenever you are able to view later), as well as pre-recorded devotions offered by our Pastors. You can find all that here.
- Kids: May 17th Kids Sermon Notes Download Coloring page Download.
- Everyone: After the sermon we’d like to offer you the opportunity to discuss a few questions throughout the week with your family, friends, roommates, neighbors or whoever you are in contact with (Remember Pastor Greg’s challenge to call three people each week to stay connected!).
- May 17th, After hearing Pastor Jon’s sermon “Faithful in Dysfunction” from Genesis 45 consider the following questions this week:
- When was a time you were unjustly wronged? How have you sorted through that experience?
- When someone apologizes to you, how do you respond? What’s the relationship between our own experience of being forgiven, and the forgiveness we offer to others?
- Is there a difference between forgiveness and reconciliation? How do we see both of these in the story of Joseph? How does Jesus treat both of these topics in the New Testament?
Many of our regular Bible studies and groups are connecting in new and creative ways. Please see below to see how you can stay involved:
- Things are still happening with Middle School Youth Group! The current plan is to post a Middle School Youth Group video every Wednesday on our Middle School YouTube channel. Sunday night boys and girls Bible studies will be held “live” on Zoom. There will also be regular encouraging and throwback videos shared to our Facebook and instagram: @fpcmsyg. We want to stay in touch! Contact Jon Evans anytime or 978-807-8932 or to get contact info for any of the other leaders too.
- All of us High School Youth Group leaders want to keep in touch! We’re posting new videos to our High School High School YouTube channel every Sunday and Wednesday to share things in the Bible that are encouraging us. We hope you’ll tune in! You can follow us on instagram: @fpchsyg, too. We miss you and would love to chat – you can get any of the leaders contact info from Anna, email, text/call 978-602-0468, we can even be penpals – don’t hesitate to reach out!
Early Childhood and Children’s Ministries:
While our programs are not able to meet in person we would like to facilitate connections between kids and help equip parents to navigate this difficult time.
- We are also hosting kids Sunday School class’s for grades K- 12 each week at 10:30 after the service. We will send a link out through an email to parents.
- We have set up a Facebook group for you to post videos, ask questions, and share resources. Click Here to request to join the group.
- We are working on alternate VBS options for the summer and hope to give more details soon.
- Contact Lynnette for kids ages 0 – Kindergarten, or Heather for kids 1st – 5th grade with any questions or concerns.
- Our mens and women’s Bible studies are staying connected via email, Facebook and Zoom.
- If you are part of an existing study, than your leader has been in touch with you; if you are not in a regular study, but would like to join one, the women will be studying the book of Titus through the month of May and the men will be studying the book of John.
- For additional Women’s Ministry news, links, resources and encouragement join the FB “FPC Northshore Ipswich Women Connect” page. It’s private, so you just need to search for it and then request to join. For all questions related to studies or connection, please contact Esther Baird
- Dave Burbridge is pulling together resources for the men and ways to connect, so guys, feel free to email him and let him know you’re interested in what he puts in place. For men in Discipleship Groups, the plan is to continue meeting via Zoom. Please contact Greg Hills, Jon Conant or Dave Burbridge with any questions.
- 20thirty is hosting Zoom small groups, one on Monday’s led by Carissa Berry, and one on Tuesday hosted by Jon Conant, each starting at 7 pm and roughly lasting an hour. And on Sundays, they are hosting a digital coffee hour directly after church. An easy and fast way to connect to 20/30 is to add yourself to the Facebook group: 20thirty Young Adult Ministry Announcements. Contact Schuyler Rees via email or phone (207) 475-2334 and he’ll find the best way for you to plug in.
- In general if you are not getting FPC News each week contact our office manager to make sure you are on the distribution list. Or, if you have a need for help or support during this time please, OR, you can provide help or support, please follow these links.